Some of the educational puzzle games for kids include Word Search
WELCOME TO PUZZLES-ONLINE-NICHE
Puzzle games for kids like word search are used by some teachers as educational tools for children. ( The benefit being that kids can learn language and vocabulary skills, searching for words , letter by letter. )
A word search, word find, or word seek, is a word game that is letters of a word in a grid, that usually has a rectangular or square shape. The objective of this puzzle is to find and mark all the words hidden inside the box. The words may be hidden horizontally, vertically or diagonally. Often a list of the hidden words is provided, but more challenging puzzles may let the player figure them out. Many word search puzzles have a theme to which all the hidden words are related.
Please read the next section as we discuss game solving techniques, or skip to the section after that where you can start downloading your 'free' printable Word Search puzzles.
- A common strategy for finding all the words is to go through the puzzle left to right (or vice versa) and look for the first letter of the word (if a word list is provided). After finding the letter, one should look at the eight surrounding letters to see whether the next letter of the word is there.You should then continue this method until the entire word is found.
- Another strategy is to look for 'outstanding' letters within the word one is searching for (if a word list is provided). Since most word searches use capital letters, it is easiest to spot the letters that stand out from others. These letters are Q, O, U, X, and Z.
- Sometimes the puzzle itself will help. The puzzles generated by a computer tend to put words in patterns. Furthermore, the bigger the words and the more words, the easier they are to spot. In some computer-generated puzzles, if the person solving the puzzle sees one word, all they have to do to find more is to look in adjacent rows, columns, or diagonals. The puzzle might use every row, column, or diagonal—or just every other row, column, or diagonal.
- Lastly, the strategy of looking for double letters in the word being searched for (if a word list is provided) proves helpful, because it is easier to spot two identical side-by-side letters among a large grid of random letters.
Below you will find Kids Puzzle games section for Word Search. As always you can download and print these files ( for 'FREE' ). Be sure to check our additional resources /Links section at the bottom of this page.
You can also find the solution pages for these puzzles here :
KIDS WORD SEARCH SOLUTIONS
- INTERACTIVE WORD SEARCH :
You can now, if you prefer play online Word Search puzzle games !!
KIDS INTERACTIVE WORD SEARCH
DOWNLOADING: Free Printable WORD SEARCH Puzzles
DOWNLOADING: Free Printable Word Search Puzzles
HOW TO: Print free Kid's WORD SEARCH
HOW TO PRINT
You can print these Kid's WORD SEARCH Puzzles in colorful PDF format .
To do so you will need a PDF reader (like Adobe acrobat), which you can download for free here :
Download Adobe Reader here
(a new window will open so you can download it without leaving this page).
If you want to open the file in your browser window, just click on the selected game link above(not all browsers may have this feature).
However, if you want to download the file to view later, (see 'HOW TO SAVE TO YOUR PC')
WORD SEARCH How to :SAVE TO YOUR PC
HOW TO SAVE TO YOUR PC
- show / hide -
If you want to download the game files to view later, simply click on any game link below and once the file opens in a new window (then right-click and choose
"Save Target As" or "Save File As.").
Next, select where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
Once you have saved the file, locate where you saved it, and double click to open it.
In order to print, open the downloaded file, and select the "Print" option from the menu.
WORD SEARCH PUZZLES (PRINTABLE)
WORD SEARCH PUZZLES (PRINTABLE)
Can't get enough Word Search ? If you prefer more challenging Word Search Puzzles please visit our standard Word Search page here:
MORE WORD SEARCH PUZZLES
If you missed it you can find the Word Search Solution page here:
WORD SEARCH SOLUTIONS
Also watch this page coming soon Interactive Word Search!
From Puzzle Games for Kids to Kids Puzzle Games (home)
From Puzzle Games for Kids to Puzzle Games Online